(thank you to one of our favorite patients, Levita Lingo, for this recipe)
Pecan Coconut Praline Cookie Candy
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
2 1/2 cups grated coconut
1. Set pecans, coconut and vanilla off to the side.
2. Mix sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter in large saucepan.
3. Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add pecans, coconut and vanilla.
5. Stir for about 4 minutes.
6. Drop by teaspoon or tablespoon (whichever desired size) onto wax paper, will be hot so use two spoons.
7. After they cool, store in a sealed container (if there are any left to put away)
Suggestion: Substitute 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (pancake syrup works fine) for 1 tablespoon of corn syrup or a teaspoon of maple flavoring.